Description: The educational Drop-Off Centre “La Maison des mignons” offers children between the ages of 0 to 5 the opportunity to play and socialize with other children while at the same time, offering their parents a bit of respite. Our educational program follows the guidelines of the Association des haltes-garderies Communautaire du Québec. Our educators are also trained in language stimulation.
- 18 months and less: stimulation, games, live shows, initiation to French language.
- 1½-5 years: socialization skills, games, reading, Arts & Crafts, initiation to French language.
Schedule and Location: Please confirm with us, our schedule may change during covid period
- Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 to 12:00 (2 pm on Wednesday and Thrusday at the Centre Communautaire Nathalie Croteau, 2210 André street
Start: Tuesday, August 31st, 2021 End: June 2022
- Registration obligatory (Form to complete online) .
- Reservation 24 hours in advance : 450-678-5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consult the ways to register.
- You can reserve for one, two, three or four mornings
- Please note that in order to ensure a healthy quality of life for our employees, we will not confirm any registration for the drop-off after normal business hours. Thank you for your understanding.
0-18 months: Les petits bedons
18-30 months: les mini-mignons
3 years: Les joyeux compagnons
4-5 years: Les moussaillons
9:00 : Greeting, gym and free play
9: 30 : Workshop activities in line with the weekly theme
10:00 : Arts & Crafts and Colouring
10:30 : Healthy snack
11:00 : Reading / Storytime
11:15 : Songs and Nursery Rhymes
11:30 : Motor skills, free play and arrival of parents
ATTENTION: During winter, the children go outdoors so they need to be dressed accordingly and warmly (hats, mitts, snow pants, boots). We use the official Government Chart for Weather which tells us the temperature and the windchill. We use this guide to determine whether or not to go play outdoors. To consult the official chart, click on the following link: ChartesTemperatureExterieure
Children are invited to bring their snack for the morning activity: fruit, vegetables and milk products are accepted.
Due to allergies, peanuts and nuts are not accepted (sesame seeds, pistachios, almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, pine nuts, etc).
Communication with parents
Every morning, educators are available to answer your questions and discuss any concerns.
Educators fill out an agenda of the games your child played, diaper changes, usage of toilet, who they played with etc.
Every Friday, you will receive an email with the scheduled activities for the coming week.
Every month, a complete calendar including themes and activities is sent by email.
Every week, educators prepare educational activities in line with the weekly theme.
- Welcome / Integration
- The Seasons
Check out an example of planned educational activities: fiche_planification_hiver
Educational outings Visit to the Library: Every last Wednesday of the month, the children are invited to a special outing at the Brossard library: special activities are planned for our group. bibliothèque de Brossard Visit to the Champlain Residence for Seniors: For special occasions (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc) the children are invited to visit the Champlain Residence for Seniors to bring them comfort and joy. Visit to a kindergarten class: Once a year, the drop-off center visits a kindergarten class at the Ste-Claire school so that they may familiarize themselves with the functioning of primary school.